Welcome To The Curios

The Curios have been gathered from near and far. They may be common-as-muck or one-of-a-kind. They may be worth a pretty penny or a dime-a-dozen. They may be horrifying, captivating, loathsome, or scintillating.

Whatever the cause of their creation, hopefully they bring enjoyment to someone out there.


1.1.12

A Stag Party With Men Only, editor - R.J. Minney, published 1955, George Newnes, London.

























Here are two colour plates from a book I found some time back, entitled 'A Stag Party With Men Only', a bawdy little publication, celebrating the 'sophisticated gentleman' ethos of post-war England with a collection of saucy-but-not-vulgar tales and cartoons. To be honest, I didn't read much of it, but I always intended to. Unfortunately, it was one of the books that I had to part with before moving to the UK. I did manage to get these two scans done before that happened, though.

Judging by internet evidence, RJ Minney edited the collection, and judging by the signature, I believe the plates were painted by Bruce Minney, who doesn't appear to be a relation.

No comments:

Post a Comment