Welcome To The Curios

The Curios have been gathered from near and far. They may be common-as-muck or one-of-a-kind. They may be worth a pretty penny or a dime-a-dozen. They may be horrifying, captivating, loathsome, or scintillating.

Whatever the cause of their creation, hopefully they bring enjoyment to someone out there.


19.6.10

Booya! Home For The Def Tribute Album


Coinciding with the release of 'The Complete Home For The Def and Other Stories', a collection of reviews, short fiction and essays by Stan Mahoney, available through Format Press HERE, I rediscovered this little gem, which had been sitting on my shelf since 2002.

I've been espousing the genius of HFTD for over a decade now, and I was honoured to be asked to supply a song to this tribute album. While the other artists on the album have covered HFTD songs, I mashed a bunch of them together, and to be honest, I'm a little embarrassed by my effort, as the final mixdown of the track is not as good as I would've liked it to be. Ah well, the quality of some of the other contributions more than makes up for it.

It's interesting that on a tribute album to a man with over 50 albums under his belt, there are double-ups on certain tracks...

DOWNLOAD THE FULL ALBUM (320Kbps) HERE


I hope that I'l be able to post some more HFTD albums here soon, I just need to figure out the best way to transfer cassettes onto my hard drive.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I've been looking for a copy of this for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous23/6/10 13:15

    really... 2002??? surely not.
    (dobbio)

    ReplyDelete